Decentralized Battery Charging
Charging at key locations around the facility where electric vehicles operate.
This type of charging has the advantage to:
- maintain vehicle batteries without adding personnel - operator responsibility to charge
his / her vehicle
- unproductive transportation time is kept to a minimum
- highbred batteries allow replenishment charging for short periods without detrimental
effect on battery life cycle. This can actually increase the life cycle of such batteries
Alternatively a central battery charging location can be setup to actually maintain the
battery itself, in that batteries can be charged, filled, maintained, washed, and changed
with appropriate handling and safety methods.
This charge station method has the following disadvantages:
- building modifications are required
- OSHA rules and safety regulations apply
- additional trained personnel are required
- additional unproductive travel segments are added to the daily tasks