Fork Lift Trucks should be constructed in a way that the driver has clear view of the travel path as well as the forks or the load.
The visibility can be increased by various means:
a) in fork lift trucks:
- either on the side of the lift mast - so that the driver can see past the side of the mast - or elevated so that the driver can look above the mast - or across so that driver can look alongside of the load - or with rotating seat so that the driver can keep the load behind him.
b) in high capacity lift trucks for the transport of large or irregular loads.
- Moveable drivers cabin which can either move sideways - or elevates with the loads while lifting.
- Installation of dual controls so that driver can swivel between the two of them and has good visibility while traveling forward or reverse.
- windows all around - transparent floor transparent roof.
- installation of suitable mirrors - installation of video recorders with screens in the drivers cabin - sideways movable drivers cabin.